Friday 16 October 2009

When I gave you my heart..

.. I thought you'd look after it, I thought you knew what to do with it, I thought it was safe in your hands..

I don't know where you've put it but my chest feels empty and kinda hurts.. Did you misplace it somewhere? Is it somewhere underneath your mountain of clothes in your wardrobe? Is dust falling on it? Have you kept it somewhere warm or did you leave it outside in the bushes?


I'm sorry you didn't find any use for it.. It's nothing you could have traded anything better for.. It was just a piece of flesh and muscles that was beating a rhythm.. Does it still work? Have you checked?


It was a bit damaged before, some scars, maybe even some of it missing.. But I remember it was also passionate, it had fire and a certain longing for more.. After all, it's my heart and to me it was okay just as it was..


So, if you find it; could you please return it to me? I'd really like to have my heart back because I need it now more than ever.. I'd be really grateful..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment