Wednesday 27 October 2010

The Animal Within

I'm a cat and I like to stray, I like to be adored, I'll let you pet me if I feel like it but I might scratch your face if you make a wrong move.. It's just for protection you see, I don't mean any harm by it..

I catch mice because they're cute but tend to be naïve enough not to realise that I'll eat them alive.. I never mean to though but I'm a cat you see, it's what we do..

I'm a cat but I fall for dogs, they excite me.. Their never ending enthusiasm attracts me.. Dogs though, not very classy creatures, bark too much, chase their own tail but gosh they take my fancy.. But you know what they say about cats and dogs don't you?! I know too well as I got bitten too many times..

What can I tell you? I'm a cat and I like to stray... I've come across mice, I've come across dogs.. I've consumed and I've been consumed.. For all I know, I ought to stay away from both..

If I'm lucky I might meet another cat but cats you see are rare to find.. Elegant creatures, witty but so quite and gentle on their paws that you may not even realise that you are in their presence.. Even if you catch a glance in the corner of your eyes you may only catch their shadow..

Cats are clever, so don't try to lure us, we don't fall for whatever you have to offer as we take pride in our independency..
It's trust we seek, truth we want, kindness we desire and if you gain our heart we may stay for good..

No comments:

Post a Comment